The Sunset Inn has room for a large tent on the lawn at the left side of the Inn and can accommodate parking nearby. We have an approved vendor list of the best services in the area to help make your wedding everything you have dreamed. Our staff is experienced with all the details of creating the perfect wedding!
Wedding Receptions at The Sunset Inn
We do not offer a set package due to each event being different in size and needs. Prices above are subject to change.
Facility charge does not include the rooms, tent, etc. It is for reserving the Inn grounds for that particular day & event and our time helping plan the event.
All prices are strictly approximate. Prices will vary according to the individual’s needs and any rate changes from the rental company.
Prices are based on 100 people or less. We cannot accommodate more than 100 guests.
Clean up after the event is the responsibility of the wedding party. All food items will have to be removed that night. Other items can be removed the next day. The Inn grounds should be left clean of trash and debris.
We will be happy to block off rooms for your guests, but we do not give group discounts from April - October.
The facility charge is based on a four hour event and all music must end at 10:00 pm. If the entire Inn is booked by wedding guests, the end time can be 10:30 or 11:00 pm.
Preferred Vendor List
1) BAO Events 704-996-0583 or www.baoevents.com
2) Sunset Gourmet Deli 910-575-6759
4) ART Catering (The Purple Onion) 910-755-6642 www.artcatering.net
5) Vicki Acton 910-579-0174
6) Causeway Gourmet 910-575-1084
1) Event Planning, Megan Masser Events, www.meganmasserevents.com
2) Margarita Man, www.grandstrandmargaritaman.com 843-602-RITA
3) The Beach Butler, transportation to the beach, airport, night on the town, etc. 910-473-2322
1) Music with Cheryl Z 910-579-1091 –(Preferred DJ) www.CoastalEntertainers.com
6) Thomas Campbell with TCEFX DJ Company www.tcefx.com 704-906-1937
1) Calabash Florist, Calabash, NC 910-579-2837
2) Coastal Florist, Shallotte, NC 910-754-6200
3) Expressions Florist, Shallotte, NC 910-842-9717
1) The Calabash Tea Room/Turtle Crossing Cupcakes www.turtlecrossingcupcakes.com 910-579-1500
2) Cakes By The Sea www.cakesbythesea.com
Register of Deeds (Marriage License) 910-253-2690
Register of Deeds (Marriage License) 910-253-2690
Bridesmaid Luncheon or Bridal Shower
Calabash Garden Tea Room
910-579-9500 or www.calabashgardentearoom.com
1) A Step Above Limousine Service 910-579-0861 Thomas DeBennedittis
2) Prestige Limousine Service 910-799-4484 www.prestigelimousineservice.com
3) Little River Taxi 843-280-7433 (Ride)
4) Wilmington Trolley Service www.wilmingtontrolley.com
Nails: Shonda Ward 910-579-4247
The Cutting Corner, ask for Sandie 910-579-5940
Totally Chic Salon & Spa, ask for Karen 910-579-1035
Kozo Hair Designs, Cyndi Piscitelle, owner 910-754-9477
Common Questions about Wedding Activities on the Strand from the Town of Sunset Beach
- Thinking of getting married on the beach? Congratulations! But first, here are a few things you should know....
Elopement/Honeymoon Package with BeachPeople Weddings....please contact Margo or David Sears directly.
THE SUNSET PACKAGE by BeachPeople Weddings
- ONE NIGHT’S HONEYMOON STAY and continental breakfast at the popular Sunset Inn in a Grand Room, whirlpool tub, private screened porch, amenities, on the island at Sunset Beach NC (3 blocks from ocean overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway).
- CEREMONY ON SUNSET BEACH Other locations and beaches, indoors or outside, also available with possible travel fee.
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER reliable and talented, plus 100-150 images on printable high-res CD mailed to you. All our photographers are very talented, fun, kind, and experienced professionals who care like we do about YOU being happy. We are PICKY about our shooters! See our Suggest Vendors page for website samples of their work. You tell us your preferences from our emailed list, and we handle hiring. You get up to 90 minutes shooting + minimum 20 images professionally edited + 80 to 150 additional unedited images.
- SOLO OFFICIATING Your choice of our unique, romantic and caring officiant/minister service by David or Margo, based on availability.
- ALL CONSULTATIONS with you by phone, email or in person included
- YOUR CHOICE OF CUSTOMIZED VOWS From our many selections: Traditional Christian, Traditional Non-Religious, Hawaiian, Fun or Serious Oceanic or several Modern versions, your own wording, or MANY more options... hundreds of unique ceremonies are possible!
- UNIQUE SAND CEREMONY in keepsake glass bottle and cork--include guests, family or just the couple. We gather the sand under each person’s feet, impart optional blessings on it, have some fun pouring it, and the couple takes the pretty bottle of sand home as our gift!
- KEEPSAKE CEREMONY PRINTED on certificate paper, artistic graphics, in a clear plastic binder, for you to keep.
- LICENSE FILING officiant shows witnesses how to sign, then files your marriage license with the court after the ceremony.
- TRITON CONCH SHELL HORN ANNOUNCEMENT by minister at the end. A unique heralding of your new marriage in an ancient island and maritime tradition.
- MUSIC Your choice from 100's of selections on our boom box (or we play your CD or i-pod).
- FRESH FLOWER BOUQUET Gorgeously designed by your dress, preferences and colors from a professional florist (optional additional matching bridesmaid bouquets/boutonnieres/corsages available at additional charge from florist).
- BOUTONNIERE shirt style, for the groom and matches your bouquet.
- KEEPSAKE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE framable, marbled formal certificate with custom printed calligraphy, clover notched corners, embossed golden foil seal, and signatures.
- CHAMPAGNE or SPARKLING CIDER or RED WINE or WHITE WINE (your choice), corkscrew, two glass flutes to keep in...
- A SWEET HONEYMOON BASKET, a candle in glass, matches, rose petal soap, souvenir whelk seashell, 2 silly strings, and your choice of fine Godiva dark, milk, or white chocolate, all in a pretty basket with a fluffy bow.
- More info, video and photos: www.beachpeopleweddings.com
Want this package upgraded more or add more guests?
You are welcome to add a reception party at the Sunset Inn and book rooms for guests, upgrade the flowers, decorations, add musicians or entertainment, or expand the photographer services and MORE! Just ask Margo.
- Tables, chairs, linens
- Place settings, Cakes, catering
- Music, live or DJ
The views of the marsh, with its herons, cranes, grasses and fabulous sunsets are unparalleled. Call or email 888/575-1001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETREATS AT THE SUNSET INN, SUNSET BEACH NC
At The Sunset Inn we cater to small groups who wish to have a quiet place for their retreat, whether it is a business group, an interest group, church group or club. A Continental breakfast is available each morning, with a hot dish added, and is included with the rooms. Food for breaks and lunch can be catered in during your meeting. Dinner can be catered or you can enjoy one of the many fine restaurants nearby. There is a meeting room onsite or we can arrange for one offsite. We have 14 rooms with king sized beds. The Inn is a five minute walk from the beautiful wide beach and is located next to a peaceful marsh where herons and cranes live.
Please call us at 888/575-1001 or email@example.com to ask about having your group meet at The Sunset Inn.
"The beautiful and serene setting of The Sunset Inn was the perfect place for the celebration following our wedding on the beach. Every aspect was wonderful and exceeded our expectations through and through. Our wedding day was as beautiful, fun and relaxed as we hoped it would be. Thank you!!!"
- Melissa & Christopher
"I have always loved Sunset Beach, so when my husband and I decided to get married, we went looking in that area. The Sunset Inn was simply perfect- from the location, to the incredibly friendly staff, to the rooms, to the property where we had our wedding and reception. They truly made it a dream wedding that we will never forget!"
- Liz and Aaron
"Having our wedding at Sunset Beach was a dream come true. We can't say enough about the Sunset Inn. Everyone was so professional, so accessible, and easy to work with. Planning a wedding from out of town seemed like a daunting task, but Andrea and team made it so easy. If we could do it all again, we wouldn't change a thing!"
- Karen and Norm
"Our entire experience with the Sunset Inn was wonderful! The planning was painless, and the reception was a huge success. The Sunset Inn staff are attentive, welcoming, and professional. Every detail was attended to with such thorough care. The Sunset Inn coordinated the tent delivery and set up, and worked with the caterer, florist, and DJ making so much of the wedding weekend stress-free. Our guests raved about their rooms, the hospitality, and the delicious breakfasts. We couldn't have been more pleased in every way. Thanks to the Sunset Inn for making our big day PERFECT!
- Julie & Eric H.
"We can't say enough about how wonderful the Sunset Inn truly is. It was the absolute perfect venue and allowed us to have the exact reception we dreamed of. The accommodations were fantastic and the location from the beach, restaurants for rehearsal dinner and everything else couldn't have been better. >From the first phone call till the last guest left the reception, the Sunset Inn staff was there to help with every last detail. Thank you for making our dream of having a beach ceremony and a beautiful reception come true!"
- Rebecca & Scott