Upcoming events in May
Check out these entertaining events posted for the Wilmington, NC area and Little River, SC.
4th Annual Cape Fear Comedy Festival
May 1, 2013 to May 4, 2013
Wilmington, NC 28401
The 4th Annual Cape Fear Comedy Festival features 33 shows, 64 national comedians, and occurs at fiour Wilmington, NC, venues: Nutt St Comedy Room, The Soapbox, Front Street Brewery, and TheatreNOW. Headlining the festival are Sean Patton and Jordan Brady. Four-day passes can be purchased online for $40.
Phone: (910) 251-7881
2nd Annual Pleasure Island Bluegrass By The River
May 4, 2013
Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area
118 Riverfront Road
Kure Beach, NC 28449
$10.00 to $15.00
The 2nd Annual Pleasure Island Bluegrass By The River in Kure Beach, NC features a variety of bluegrass music, plus KidZone; clogging, music and wash-tub bass workshops; open jam (pickers of all kinds welcome; please provide your own instruments). Please note: No coolers, pets, or refunds. Children 12 and under admitted free.
Phone: (910) 458-8434
Calling all Birders!!
May 8, 2013
300 Airlie Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
$3.00 to $5.00
Bird Hikes at Airlie Gardens in Wilmington NC leave from the Garden Services Center, and feature Environmental Educators from the Gardens and Jill Peleuses from Wild Bird & Garden.
Phone: (910) 798-7700
Can't miss event just minutes from The Sunset Inn!
Little River, South Carolina
The Little Town with Big Festivals
32nd Annual Blue Crab Festival
Saturday May 18th, 2013
& Sunday May 19th, 2013
in Little River, South Carolina!
Saturday 9 am – 6 pm
Sunday 9 am – 6 pm
Advanced Ticket Sales Available at:
Little River Chamber of Commerce
North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce
First Bank - Little River
1 Day Advance Ticket = $3.00
2 Day Advance Ticket = $5.00
General Gate Admission = $5.00 per day
Great weekend event with live music, art & craft vendors, and great food! Several food vendors will have blue crabs for you.
- Crafty Pumpkins
- Sunset Beach NC Festivals
- Sunset Beach Packages
- Sunset Beach, NC
- Run Sunset Beach
- Bird Island Reserve
- Brunswick Home & Garden Show
- New Sunset Beach, NC Park
- The Boundary House Restaurant
- Shallotte Christmas
- Brookgreen Gardens Nights of a Thousand Candles
- Sunset Beach Poem by Richard Taylor
- December Event, Old Bridge
- There's Nothing Ghoulish About the Hotels Around Here, Honest
- Family Fun Day and Vacations to Sunset Beach NC
- Oyster Fest Time!!
- Come Spend Labor Day at Our Sunset Beach Resort
- The Hatching has begun! Visit Brunswick County Beaches to witness the baby Sea Turtles!
- If You're Looking For an Ocean Isle Beach Hotel During the Sailfish Classic
- Why Ocean Isle Beach Vacations
- Kindred Spirit Mailbox
- Not your typical getaway, but so much more
- Calling All Car Show Enthusiasts!
- Summer Events & Festivals
- Old Pastime Comes Back to Life
- Day Trip Three- Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC
- Day Trip Two- Bald Head Island
- May festivals & events (2)
- Day Trip One- Southport
- Sunset Beach Summer Concert Series
- La Belle Amie Vineyard Festival
- Sunset Beach celebrates 50th Anniversary!
- Discover Spring in Sunset Beach
- Brunswick Island's Home & Garden Show
- Tie Up Your Sneakers for the Upcoming Races
- Upcoming Events in Wilmington
- Run to the Sun
- St. Patrick's Day
- Spring Getaway Special!
- 2014 Summer Concert Series