Tie Up Your Sneakers for the Upcoming Races
Just in case you didn't know it, there are quite a few 5k and 10k races coming up soon in the area. If you’ve been training all year or are just trying stay in shape, consider entering any or all of them. When you find yourself looking for an Ocean Isle Beach hotel consider The Sunset Inn located close by at Sunset Beach, NC.
We’ll give you a run down of upcoming races that we know of right now.
A Race for the Cure 5K is being held from 8 a.m. to noon on March 2 in downtown Wilmington, NC. The Race for the Cure 5K raises money for the Susan G Koman Foundation. The race will take place in Downtown Wilmington at 2nd and Market Streets.
Get into the St. Patrick’s Day Spirit on March 16, 2013 at the Lucky Leprechaun 5k beginning at The Winds Resort! Wear Green and show your Leprechaun Spirit! The course is flat, fast and beautiful as it parallels the ocean along the east side of the island. Hundreds will come out to participate in the race along 1st and 2nd Streets on Ocean Isle. The crowd is usually a festive bunch, dressed in all shades of green with St. Patty’s Day flair. The race begins at 9am. There are several different race categories and many winners; the overall best time wins a free 2-day stay at The Winds. After the race, participants staying at The Winds are treated to a hamburger and hotdog lunch complete with all the fixings!
The Wrightsville Beach Marathon 5K takes place from 5-8 p.m. on March 16 at Mayfaire Town Center Event Field. The event is part of the exciting Marathon Madness in March. The entire marathon series includes a 1-Mile Fun Run, 5K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon and Marathon Relay. The 5K starts at Mayfaire Town Center and ends with a Pasta Dinner at the Marathon Expo at Mayfaire (separate admission fee). Registration for the run is $35.00 to $55.00
Whew! We get tired out just thinking about them all. Do give us a call toll free at (888) 575-1001 if you’d like to make reservations at our inn. You'll find our rates to be comparable to an Ocean Isle Beach hotel but our accommodations quite more luxurious. We think you’ll be happy you’ve chosen The Sunset Inn over any Ocean Isle Beach hotel the area might offer.
- Sunset Beach, NC
- Run Sunset Beach
- Bird Island Reserve
- Brunswick Home & Garden Show
- New Sunset Beach, NC Park
- The Boundary House Restaurant
- Shallotte Christmas
- Brookgreen Gardens Nights of a Thousand Candles
- Sunset Beach Poem by Richard Taylor
- December Event, Old Bridge
- There's Nothing Ghoulish About the Hotels Around Here, Honest
- Family Fun Day and Vacations to Sunset Beach NC
- Oyster Fest Time!!
- Come Spend Labor Day at Our Sunset Beach Resort
- The Hatching has begun! Visit Brunswick County Beaches to witness the baby Sea Turtles!
- If You're Looking For an Ocean Isle Beach Hotel During the Sailfish Classic
- Why Ocean Isle Beach Vacations
- Kindred Spirit Mailbox
- Not your typical getaway, but so much more
- Calling All Car Show Enthusiasts!
- Summer Events & Festivals
- Old Pastime Comes Back to Life
- Day Trip Three- Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC
- Day Trip Two- Bald Head Island
- May festivals & events (2)
- Day Trip One- Southport
- Upcoming events in May
- Sunset Beach Summer Concert Series
- La Belle Amie Vineyard Festival
- Sunset Beach celebrates 50th Anniversary!
- Discover Spring in Sunset Beach
- Brunswick Island's Home & Garden Show
- Upcoming Events in Wilmington
- Run to the Sun
- St. Patrick's Day
- Spring Getaway Special!
- 2014 Summer Concert Series