Sunset Beach, NC is a great place to be in 2014, and the secret is out! The Kindred Spirit Mailbox located on Bird Island was just recently featured on CBS Evening News. We highly recommend exploring Bird Island with the educational walks every Wednesday, June through August, starting at 9am on the beach at the 40th St walkover. Take a moment to note your thoughts at the Kindred Spirit Mailbox. This is just one of the numerous “Things To Do” while you are visiting or as a resident at Sunset Beach, North Carolina.
Of course one of the most common things to do at Sunset Beach is enjoy the pristine shoreline, with silky-fine sand, gradual sloping beach, and natural accreting dune-lines that make the island of Sunset Beach undeniably unique. If you are the avid walker, jogger or beach chair lounger, keep your eyes open for the threatened Loggerhead Sea Turtle nests commonly found on our beach. The Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol works diligently to protect these nests and is eager to educate the public on Sunday evenings at 7pm at Sunset Properties on the island as well as, Wednesdays at Noon at Sunset Beach’s Ingram Planetarium. You might even get to witness over 100 Hatchlings born at a single Turtle Nest!
As we all continue to enjoy the ease of the New Sunset Beach Bridge, be sure to take a walk down memory lane and visit the Old Sunset Beach Bridge. With the museum officially open, you can now visit inside the Bridge Tender’s Office, enjoy interactive family activities, hear historical accounts of nautical days gone by, and even purchase unique memorabilia from the Old Bridge Store. Every Tuesday & Thursday nights 5-7pm features fun activities and Wednesday mornings 10-11:30am Young Explorers are invited. Be sure to visit to their website to see future scheduled events, including July 4th Celebration!
If you have Future Scientists among you or excited learners of any age, be sure to visit Ingram Planetarium and the Museum of Coastal Carolina. You’ll find Dinosaurs, Sea Monsters, and Sharks, oh my! There’s even famous Rock Band Laser Light Shows for the music lovers. The Ingram Planetarium at Sunset Beach and the Museum of Coastal Carolina at Ocean Isle Beach, have something to do every day of the week, rain or shine. Check out their complete schedule online.
Speaking of music lovers, The Sunset Beach Concert Series is once again honored to provide FREE summer concerts on Wednesday nights 6:30-8:30pm at the Gazebo in Village Park on Queen Anne Street in Sunset Beach. Bring your lawn chair, pack a cooler, and grab a few bucks to spend on the yummy foods provided by food vendors or to partake in the 50/50 charity raffle! The variety of live music and dancers of all ages will not disappoint. Check the Bands scheduled to play at Sunset Beach and live music events at other local Brunswick County Towns.
Most of all, we want you to Be Safe this Summer, Stay Alert and Be Informed about this gorgeous and friendly community. The Town of Sunset Beach, NC, via TV Channel 99, proudly provides up-to-date information about emergency guidelines, rip current warnings, and upcoming events. We invite each of you to explore the variety of entertainment, nature and family atmosphere that Sunset Beach offers in the warm summer months, and all year round. If you love us in the summer, you will be pleasantly surprised at just how idyllic the off-season months in our coastal town can be, too!
- Thanksgiving 2014
- Crafty Pumpkins
- Sunset Beach NC Festivals
- Sunset Beach Packages
- Run Sunset Beach
- Bird Island Reserve
- Brunswick Home & Garden Show
- New Sunset Beach, NC Park
- The Boundary House Restaurant
- Shallotte Christmas
- Brookgreen Gardens Nights of a Thousand Candles
- Sunset Beach Poem by Richard Taylor
- December Event, Old Bridge
- There's Nothing Ghoulish About the Hotels Around Here, Honest
- Family Fun Day and Vacations to Sunset Beach NC
- Oyster Fest Time!!
- Come Spend Labor Day at Our Sunset Beach Resort
- The Hatching has begun! Visit Brunswick County Beaches to witness the baby Sea Turtles!
- If You're Looking For an Ocean Isle Beach Hotel During the Sailfish Classic
- Why Ocean Isle Beach Vacations
- Kindred Spirit Mailbox
- Not your typical getaway, but so much more
- Calling All Car Show Enthusiasts!
- Summer Events & Festivals
- Old Pastime Comes Back to Life
- Day Trip Three- Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC
- Day Trip Two- Bald Head Island
- May festivals & events (2)
- Day Trip One- Southport
- Upcoming events in May
- Sunset Beach Summer Concert Series
- La Belle Amie Vineyard Festival
- Sunset Beach celebrates 50th Anniversary!
- Discover Spring in Sunset Beach
- Brunswick Island's Home & Garden Show
- Tie Up Your Sneakers for the Upcoming Races
- Upcoming Events in Wilmington
- Run to the Sun
- St. Patrick's Day
- Spring Getaway Special!
- 2014 Summer Concert Series