Sunset Beach celebrates 50th Anniversary!
Sunset Beach is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. To most it seems like just yesterday Mr. Mannon Gore was setting his sights on the little island that could. This south facing beach was once just an over abundance of sand and waterways that could only be reached by boat. Today it is a place where over 3,400 hundred people call home. If those Live Oak trees could talk they would have some interesting tales.
When discussing the history of Sunset Beach some may go directly to the names associated with the island like the Gore, Frink, Stanaland, & the Holden families, while others would talk more about the setting itself. You can’t visit here without hearing about our old pontoon swing bridge that opened on the hour to let the boats travel through, or how it took a 40 year battle to build a new two lane high-rise bridge. The Sunset Beach Swing Bridge was a big part of the island’s charm, but the new bridge still leads you to one of the prettiest beaches on the East Coast! Sunset Beach residents would also bring up Bird Island, our 1,200 acre nature preserve and the kindred spirit mailbox. The mailbox contains messages, journals, and poems from all who visit there.
Sunset Beach has blossomed over the past 50 years and yet it’s still a quaint, charming, and fun in the sun beach that was named appropriately by Mr. Gore. The rainbow-colored sunsets are like scenes from childhood fairy tales. If you want to celebrate the 50 year Anniversary come join the town May 18th for the Beach Party at the Sunset Beach Gazebo. Tickets will be on sale April 15th via Sunset Beach Town Hall. We hope to see you at the Inn and on the beach!
- Strawberry & Wine Festival
- 5 Reasons to Visit The Beach In The Winter
- Thanksgiving 2014
- Crafty Pumpkins
- Sunset Beach NC Festivals
- Sunset Beach Packages
- Sunset Beach, NC
- Run Sunset Beach
- Bird Island Reserve
- Brunswick Home & Garden Show
- New Sunset Beach, NC Park
- The Boundary House Restaurant
- Shallotte Christmas
- Brookgreen Gardens Nights of a Thousand Candles
- Sunset Beach Poem by Richard Taylor
- December Event, Old Bridge
- There's Nothing Ghoulish About the Hotels Around Here, Honest
- Family Fun Day and Vacations to Sunset Beach NC
- Oyster Fest Time!!
- Come Spend Labor Day at Our Sunset Beach Resort
- The Hatching has begun! Visit Brunswick County Beaches to witness the baby Sea Turtles!
- If You're Looking For an Ocean Isle Beach Hotel During the Sailfish Classic
- Why Ocean Isle Beach Vacations
- Kindred Spirit Mailbox
- Not your typical getaway, but so much more
- Calling All Car Show Enthusiasts!
- Summer Events & Festivals
- Old Pastime Comes Back to Life
- Day Trip Three- Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC
- Day Trip Two- Bald Head Island
- May festivals & events (2)
- Day Trip One- Southport
- Upcoming events in May
- Sunset Beach Summer Concert Series
- La Belle Amie Vineyard Festival
- Discover Spring in Sunset Beach
- Brunswick Island's Home & Garden Show
- Tie Up Your Sneakers for the Upcoming Races
- Upcoming Events in Wilmington
- Run to the Sun
- St. Patrick's Day
- Spring Getaway Special!
- 2014 Summer Concert Series