May festivals & events (2)
May is full of fun events and festivals! Let The Sunset Inn be your home base so you can soak up some sun at beautiful Sunset Beach and then spend some time enjoying these local festivities:
May 10 - October 11, 2013 - 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM
2nd Friday Art Workshop
a different workshop is held each month (Jan—Oct). Details are available at www.oakislandartguild.org. Scheduled so far May 10: Jane Staszak, painting. June 14: Ortrud Tyler, abstract painting. July 12: Vangie Peterson, reed basketry.August 9: Joyce Grazetti/Pat Carney, fish prints.
Oak Island Recreation Center 3003 E. Oak Island Drive,Oak Island, NC 28465
Contact: Jo Ann Staat
May 11th 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Mayfest on Main
This festival will take place on Main Street In North Myrtle Beach, SC. It includes live music from Grammy nominated John Waite & also The Little River Band! There will be food and craft vendors and street entertainers. You might want to bring a beach chair to enjoy all the entertainment. Best news is the admission is free! Visit http://parks.nmb.us for more information.
May 11, 2013
Boiling Spring Lakes Community Fun Day
Games, blow ups, vendors, food, entertainment, and fun.
Boiling Spring Lakes City Hall- Corner of Hwy. 87 & Boiling Spring Road, Boiling Spring Lakes & BSL First Baptist Church.
Contact: Mary Stilwell
May 18th & May 19th 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Little River Blue Crab Festival
This 32nd annual festival is a big hit with locals and tourists. They will have live music, food, craft, & art vendors and of course places to buy blue crabs. Hosted on the waterfront in Little River, SC.
May 19th 12 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Oak Island Beautification Plant Sale & Garden tour
Plant sale & Home tours start at the retired Oak Island Greenhouse located on Oak Island Drive and 56th Street SE under the watertower. Great way to tour lush gardens and get a few new ideas for your own. Tour fee is $10.00. Contact Lynne Kracht at 910-221-8738 for more information.
For more May events in Wilmington, NC and surrounding areas visit our web-site at www.thesunsetinn.net/blog
- Strawberry & Wine Festival
- 5 Reasons to Visit The Beach In The Winter
- Thanksgiving 2014
- Crafty Pumpkins
- Sunset Beach NC Festivals
- Sunset Beach Packages
- Sunset Beach, NC
- Run Sunset Beach
- Bird Island Reserve
- Brunswick Home & Garden Show
- New Sunset Beach, NC Park
- The Boundary House Restaurant
- Shallotte Christmas
- Brookgreen Gardens Nights of a Thousand Candles
- Sunset Beach Poem by Richard Taylor
- December Event, Old Bridge
- There's Nothing Ghoulish About the Hotels Around Here, Honest
- Family Fun Day and Vacations to Sunset Beach NC
- Oyster Fest Time!!
- Come Spend Labor Day at Our Sunset Beach Resort
- The Hatching has begun! Visit Brunswick County Beaches to witness the baby Sea Turtles!
- If You're Looking For an Ocean Isle Beach Hotel During the Sailfish Classic
- Why Ocean Isle Beach Vacations
- Kindred Spirit Mailbox
- Not your typical getaway, but so much more
- Calling All Car Show Enthusiasts!
- Summer Events & Festivals
- Old Pastime Comes Back to Life
- Day Trip Three- Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC
- Day Trip Two- Bald Head Island
- Day Trip One- Southport
- Upcoming events in May
- Sunset Beach Summer Concert Series
- La Belle Amie Vineyard Festival
- Sunset Beach celebrates 50th Anniversary!
- Discover Spring in Sunset Beach
- Brunswick Island's Home & Garden Show
- Tie Up Your Sneakers for the Upcoming Races
- Upcoming Events in Wilmington
- Run to the Sun
- St. Patrick's Day
- Spring Getaway Special!
- 2014 Summer Concert Series