The Sunset Inn Blog
If you’re coming to Coastal North Carolina for an end-of-summer vacation and are looking for Ocean Isle Beach accommodations for your stay here, please consider our superb accommodations at The Sunset Inn in nearby Sunset Beach. We believe you’ll find our accommodations to exceed your expectations while being pleasingly affordable. Our amenities include beautifully appointed rooms with king-sized beds, private baths, private screened porches, wet bars, large porches, and private storage areas for bikes, golf clubs, beach chairs, etc. Our Inn is a cross between a small Inn and a large B&B. We know you won’t be disappointed.
While here, you’ll be looking for activities to do so we’ve provided a brief list of places worth checking out in the area. All are a close drive to the Ocean Isle Beach accommodations that you choose.
- Ingram Planetarium -- The Village at Sunset Beach, N.C. An 85-seat domed theater and science exhibit hall. Call for hours. 910-575-0033.
- Visit Bald Head Island -- Bald Head hosts 14 miles of beautiful unspoiled beaches, a golf course, and a marina. Ride the ferry out to it.
- Fishing -- Go fishing at The Cherry Grove Pier in North Myrtle or try a fishing charter in Sunset Beach.
- Horse-drawn Tours of Wilmington -- Narrated tours of Wilmington's historic waterfront and tree lined streets start from Water and Market Street, available April-October.
- Steamboat Ride -- North Water Street, Wilmington, NC. A true sternwheeler, The Henrietta cruises the Cape Fear River, docking by the Hilton.
- Jungle Rapids -- Downtown Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, 5320 Oleander Drive, Wilmington, NC. Family entertainment-- arcade, water slide, go carts, and miniature golf.
- Children's Museum in Wilmington -- 1020 Market Street, Wilmington, NC. Hands-on museum for children of all ages--grocery store, pirate ship, medical center, dress up, theater, water play, and weather station.
- Fort Fisher and the NC Aquarium -- Fort Fisher State Historic Site, Kure Beach, NC
- Movie Production Studios of Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC. Hollywood of the East with production companies and sound stages. 800.232.9227 or 910.343.3433. If interested in being an "extra" in a film contact Casting at 910.262.4228.
- Myrtle Beach, S.C. -- Enjoy the amusement and water parks, golf the 110+ golf courses, or see live theatre and concerts.
As you can see there’s plenty to do both here and within driving distance to your Ocean Isle Beach accommodations and yet you’ll have quiet, family-oriented accommodations without all the crowds and traffic.