The Sunset Inn Blog
New Year's Eve is celebrated with a grand amount of fanfare and celebration all across the nation. Different places have different ways of welcoming the New Year in, each having a stamp of its own culture. Whether you’re in Myrtle Beach, SC or Wilmington, NC or somewhere in between like our Sunset Beach NC bed and breakfast, you can count on plenty of New Year's Eve celebrations nearby to be a part of.
The Coastal Carolinas are a visual delight during the night especially this time of year with New Year's Eve festivities and fireworks up and down the coastline. The fireworks that begin at dusk are a brilliant explosion of colors that light up the sky and you should be able to see plenty from our Sunset Beach NC bed and breakfast. Tourists from all over and locals alike throng the beaches on New Year's Eve to experience it first hand and take back home the spirit of the celebration.
Here’s a run down of some events taking place in the surrounding area:
- Island of Lights - Pleasure Island (Carolina Beach/Kure Beach)
- Light Up the Beach (Wrightsville Beach)
- World's Largest Living Christmas Tree, through Dec. 31 (6-10 p.m.) Hilton Park (off Hwy. 117), Wilmington.
- Illumination of Riverfront Park, Historic Downtown Wilmington (Water Street).
- Holiday Lights over the Battleship NC - Lit from stem to stern through Jan. 6. View@Riverfront Park.
Myrtle Beach, SC:
- Broadway at the Beach Fireworks Spectacular, 6 p.m., free.
- Ripley's Kid's Only New Year's Eve Bash at Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach, 843-916-0888. This New Year’s Eve, the kids have something just for them! Drop the little ones off at Ripley’s Aquarium for a jam-packed night of fun and games. The special event is an overnight party from 8:00 p.m. on December 31st to 8:00 a.m. January 1st. Karaoke, pizza, music, crafts and more will entertain them for hours until the balloon drop at midnight! Then they get to sleep amongst the serene sea creatures. The program is $69.99 per child.
Happy New Year from all of us at The Sunset Inn.