If You're Looking For an Ocean Isle Beach Hotel
The Cape Fear Sailfish Classic takes place on Friday and Saturday, August 9 and 10, 2013. This is an open tournament for all fisherman, targeting Captains and their crews from Wrightsville Beach to the west side of the Shoals at Ocean Isle Beach. It will be a weekend of fun and festivities, cash payouts, Champions Trophy and bragging rights.
This is an all-release event, designed to promote fun and exciting fishing that occurs nearshore every year as the waters warm and the Gulf Stream eddies push inward. Captains will fish as far "offshore" as the Tower, and the boundaries are defined as the Dallas Rock to Schoolhouse and Parking Lot Areas off of Wrightsville to 23 mile Rock, west to the Jungle/Hammer areas off of Ocean Isle.
The event is a 2 day fishing tournament, commencing with a pig-picking Captains meeting at the Wightsville Beach Marina on August 9. Fishing days are Friday/Saturday. Lines in at 8 a.m. and out at 3 p.m. This event is designed to be fun, all release and open to boats of any size. Book your place now, come for the Captains meeting and experience first hand the art of circle hook rigging ballyhoo by noted area fisherman.
If you find yourself looking for an Ocean Isle Beach hotel where you can stay during the tournament, be sure to check out Sunset Inn in nearby Sunset Beach. You simply won’t find any Ocean Isle Beach hotel that can provide you with the level of comfort and quality that our accommodations can.
- Strawberry & Wine Festival
- 5 Reasons to Visit The Beach In The Winter
- Thanksgiving 2014
- Crafty Pumpkins
- Sunset Beach NC Festivals
- Sunset Beach Packages
- Sunset Beach, NC
- Run Sunset Beach
- Bird Island Reserve
- Brunswick Home & Garden Show
- New Sunset Beach, NC Park
- The Boundary House Restaurant
- Shallotte Christmas
- Brookgreen Gardens Nights of a Thousand Candles
- Sunset Beach Poem by Richard Taylor
- December Event, Old Bridge
- There's Nothing Ghoulish About the Hotels Around Here, Honest
- Family Fun Day and Vacations to Sunset Beach NC
- Oyster Fest Time!!
- Come Spend Labor Day at Our Sunset Beach Resort
- The Hatching has begun! Visit Brunswick County Beaches to witness the baby Sea Turtles!
- Why Ocean Isle Beach Vacations
- Kindred Spirit Mailbox
- Not your typical getaway, but so much more
- Calling All Car Show Enthusiasts!
- Summer Events & Festivals
- Old Pastime Comes Back to Life
- Day Trip Three- Battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC
- Day Trip Two- Bald Head Island
- May festivals & events (2)
- Day Trip One- Southport
- Upcoming events in May
- Sunset Beach Summer Concert Series
- La Belle Amie Vineyard Festival
- Sunset Beach celebrates 50th Anniversary!
- Discover Spring in Sunset Beach
- Brunswick Island's Home & Garden Show
- Tie Up Your Sneakers for the Upcoming Races
- Upcoming Events in Wilmington
- Run to the Sun
- St. Patrick's Day
- Spring Getaway Special!
- 2014 Summer Concert Series